Monday 29 December 2014

it's people like you that make the world go 'round

monday cuddles with this bear
and just like that, my bad mood is no more. turns out going shopping really does help with "s.a.d" and i encourage all of you to brave the shops now because town wasn't as apocalyptic as it's been over the past few days (granted i've just been for two hours in 1 degree heat at 5pm but that's by the by). there were a few lovely things that happened during my session today which i want to share with you because it might instil you with some faith in the world. if you already have faith, what are you doing on this blog???!!?!

"what the fuck have you bought?"

moving away from dark shades
goodness me, i bought some lovely things. i normally go out with the intention of buying some jeans and come home with four books, three lip balms, seventeen t-shirts and another scarf. no, not today. i went with the intention of buying little to nothing and ended up spending over £100. but, i've just worked out that i saved just over £130 thanks to the sales so this is basically half free WAIT does this mean my cup is half full now? no, can't be. anyway, i've bought real life adult things like leather shoes, two warm winter jackets, an item of clothing that isn't black and some ps3 games to just even it all out a bit. what a haul. hats off (literally because i wore my hat "lol") to river island,
topman, cex and urban outfitters for being sort of quiet with very approachable staff. 

"what the fuck are you so happy about?"

wearing my fedora makes me feel like a class A douchebag. literal hipster central. but my hair wasn't working at all and i was head to toe in black (jumper, top, jeans, shoes, pants, socks, glasses, bag, scarf. never refer to me a "summery" boy) so i just fucking put it on in a piss and stormed out. turns out, looking pissy either means a) you're rocking it or b) people are a bit scared and are nicer to you. i'm saying it's the former because the ultra geeky, different looking gay sales assistant in cex openly complimented my whole outfit, with an emphasis on the hat. he was really forward and sort of unprofessional and i cannot take a compliment from my friend let alone a trashy come on in a second hand games shop by a 30 year old gaymer but i loved it. 

first time they've asked my name!!!
then, i had a sit down far away from people because it all got a bit much and i thought i was going to fall over. a tramp (is that PC? what do i say? vagabond?) came over, introduced himself as "don", asked me if i wanted to hear him rap for some money and sat down next to me. i kindly declined, it would have been embarrassing for the both of us, but listened to him whilst he told me about how he used to be part of the grime scene in bristol and shit hit the fan and now he's spot begging. i offered him a coffee, he said no thanks, but i gave him a fiver anyway. the look on his face was something else. he gave me a cuddle (he smelt like paco robanne, questioning my decision to donate to him now) and said "i'm not a gayer but i fucking love it when a guy has his sense of style down to a tee. you look so presentable!" now maybe it was the fiver talking, or maybe he really was a "gayer", but that's made my day. my confidence is rock bottom most-to-all-of-the-time and for a few things like that to be said on a day where i feel like human toilet paper, it really bucks you up. 

being nice is really nice isn't it? let's try to do more of that in 2015 xo

No comments:

Post a Comment